For the seventh year in a row, McGuireWoods is among a handful of law firms
with the strongest brands in BTI Consulting’s Brand Elite Report.
McGuireWoods earned “Best of the Best” status for its innovative client
service strategies and as a firm corporate counsel most often recommend to
peers and colleagues.
The firm rose from No. 22 last year to No. 12 — one of only three firms to
climb 10 or more spots in the survey, which is based on unprompted feedback
BTI described the 28 Brand Elite firms as those “making bold moves in the
legal market to achieve long-term growth and market leadership.”
McGuireWoods is one of a handful recognized for superior performance in all
nine categories that elevate a firm’s brand with legal decision makers:
- recommended first to peers and colleagues without prompting;
- considered first for hiring in new assignments;
- a “premium worthy” firm that clients believe is worth every penny;
- a safe choice for the most complex and high-risk work;
- more likely than others to be an industry leader over the long term;
- delivering new and valuable services before other firms;
- using technology more effectively or in new ways to add value;
- changing the process or the client experience to add value; and
- making changes other firms don’t to improve the client experience.
BTI compiles the survey from nearly 700 interviews with top legal decision
makers at companies with $1 billion in annual revenue.
For the fourth consecutive year, McGuireWoods was cited as a leader in
delivering new and valuable services. “Innovative measures such as this
allow McGuireWoods to stand out among firms being considered for new work,”
the report states.
The recognition affirms McGuireWoods’ reputation for delivering creative,
industry-focused solutions to meet clients’ needs. The Financial Times named McGuireWoods the most innovative in the
business of law in its 2018 North America Innovative Lawyers Report.
McGuireWoods “will re-create the wheel for us — in a good way,” a senior
vice president and deputy general counsel at a Fortune 1,000 electric
services company told BTI. “They are innovative and consider anything we
ask. They always make the effort to figure out a way.”
Boston-based BTI Consulting Group is a strategic research provider to the
legal community and professional services firms. It performs in-depth
analysis of client experiences for firms through thousands of independent
interviews with C-level executives.