McGuireWoods once again ranked among the leading law firms for advising
corporate issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions in
year-end league tables published by Refinitiv and Bloomberg.
The firm closed 69 straight debt deals valued at $38.7 billion in 2019,
earning high rankings in the following categories in Refinitiv’s Global
Capital Markets Review:
- fifth in deal count and 13th in proceeds in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding
Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- ninth in deal count and 16th in value in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS
- 13th in proceeds and 16th in deal count in Global Straight Debt Excluding
ABS and MBS; and
- 16th in deal count and 18th in proceeds in Global Straight Debt Including
ABS and MBS.
The firm also placed 13th in deal count and 16th in proceeds for U.S. Debt,
Equity and Equity-Related Transactions.
McGuireWoods ranked among the top firms in the following categories in
Bloomberg’s Global Legal Advisers league tables:
- Sixth in proceeds and seventh in deal count for U.S. Equity Linked Issuer
- 10th in proceeds and 15th in deal count in U.S. Investment Grade
Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers;
- 12th in proceeds and 18th in deal count in U.S. Corporate Bonds
- 18th in deal count in Global Bonds Issuer Advisers; and
- 11th in proceeds for Canada Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers.
The firm’s notable transactions included representing Markel Corp. in
closing public offerings for $1.4 billion in senior notes and advising
Think Equity, as representative of several underwriters, in an initial public stock
offering by LMP Automotive Holdings.
“Our capital markets team delivered another strong performance for our
clients and we look forward to building on that success in 2020,” said
Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department.
capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers
and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly
ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in
authoritative league tables.