McGuireWoods’ capital markets team is a leader in prominent league tables for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in transactions during the first three months of 2020.
The firm closed 15 straight debt deals worldwide valued at $15.2 billion to earn the following rankings in league tables published by Refinitiv:
- eighth in deal count and 11th in proceeds for U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- 12th in deal count for U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- 14th in deal count and 14th in proceeds for Global Straight Debt Excluding ABS and MBS;
- 15th in deal count for Global Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- 14th in deal count and 15th in proceeds for U.S. Debt, Equity and Equity-Related; and
- 15th in proceeds for Global Debt, Equity and Equity-Related.
McGuireWoods also ranked among the top firms in three categories in Bloomberg’s Global Legal Advisers league tables. The firm was eighth in proceeds for U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds, 12th in proceeds for Global Bonds and 13th in deal count for U.S. Equity Offerings.
McGuireWoods’ notable first-quarter transactions include advising ThinkEquity, as underwriter, in a follow-on public offering by LMP Automotive Holdings Inc. The firm also represented ThinkEquity in LMP’s initial public offering in December 2019.
“We were proud to assist our clients in closing these significant deals,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of McGuireWoods’ Securities & Capital Markets Department.
McGuireWoods’ capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in authoritative league tables.