Bryan is a member of the firm’s Board of Partners and the leader of the firm’s Transportation Industry Group. He is a well-rounded litigator with national experience in a wide range of industries including transportation, retail, construction equipment, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.
Bryan’s practice is centered upon understanding clients’ business needs and legal challenges, ultimately balancing the two to deliver favorable business results and litigation outcomes.
Bryan has successfully resolved client’s issues through dispositive motions, mediation, arbitration and favorable settlements. He currently serves as National Coordinating Counsel and manages a significant portfolio of litigation for a Fortune 50 transportation company as well as a major technology platform.
Bryan was a key driver in creating a litigation management dashboard with analytics components to give clients greater insights and predictability into their litigation.
Bryan serves as a member of the firm’s Finance Committee and its Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
In 2014, Bryan was elected as a fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, an organization dedicated to identifying strong, diverse talent in the legal profession and providing them with leadership opportunities. He is also a recipient of the Distinguished Student Award, Katie Elizabeth Westbrook Award and CALI Excellence Award for the Future in Trial Advocacy. While earning his law degree, he was honored as a member of the Order of the Barristers.
- Representation of a product manufacturer in Federal District Court in Puerto Rico in which plaintiffs claimed damages in excess of $10,000,000 for injuries sustained as a result of an alleged product defect; obtained dismissal. Also represented the manufacturer in catastrophic injury cases in Missouri and Pennsylvania.
- Representation of a major retailer engaged in a real estate dispute, where summary judgment was awarded on behalf of the retailer in Federal District Court
- Representation of a prefabricated steel building manufacturer in a New York state court where plaintiffs sought damages as a result of alleged product failure; obtained summary judgment after oral argument.
- Representation of a rough-terrain forklift manufacturer in wrongful death suit brought in a Maryland state court where plaintiffs alleged design and manufacturing defects; obtained dismissal.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical manufacturer for claims based on failure to warn of dangers of prescription drugs in wrongful death suit; obtained summary judgment by raising the learned intermediary doctrine.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in wrongful death suit; obtained summary judgment on breach of warranty and misrepresentation claims.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer, securing complete defense verdict in Federal District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Representation of a manufacturer of steel wires involved in multiparty litigation where plaintiff claimed severe closed head injuries as result of a fall; secured favorable outcome.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer, serving on national coordinating counsel team that directs multidistrict litigation.
- Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne UniversityJD2004
- Youngstown State UniversityBA2001
Board of Trustees, National Aviary
Member, Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity
- Speaker, Strafford Webinar, February 1, 2023
- Speaker, "Hiring, Managing and Collaborating with Outside Counsel", CCBJ Legal Operations Executive Leadership Forum, March 5, 2020
- Speaker, McGuireWoods Partners With Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund Name Change Project, April 12, 2019
- Speaker, "Settlement Negotiations", 2019 PCSTJ Mid-Annual Meeting, February 22, 2019
- Moderator, "Science and Technology in the Courtroom - Tips from the Experts", Transportation Megaconference XIII: Trucking and Motor Carrier Litigation, American Bar Association and TIPS Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee., March 10, 2017
- Speaker, "EMTALA Enforcement on the Rise: Minimizing Hospital and Physician Liability", Strafford Webinar, April 2012
- Speaker, "Product Liability Preemption: Analyzing the Supreme Court’s New Decisions - Strategies for Asserting Preemption in an Uncertain Landscape", Strafford Webinar, August 16, 2011
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Transport: Rail and Road – Litigation and Regulation; Transport: Shipping – Litigation and Regulation, 2021, 2022, 2023
Recipient, “Professional Excellence Award: Law Firm Innovator,” The Legal Intelligencer, 2022
Named, “Pennsylvania Trailblazer,” The Legal Intelligencer, 2020
Named “MCCA Rainmaker,” Minority Corporate Counsel Association, 2020
Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Product Liability, Mass Tort And Class Action: Automotive/Transport, Pennsylvania, Legal 500 US, 2017
Named to “Pennsylvania Rising Stars,” Personal Injury Defense: Products, Business Litigation, Health Care, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2011-2019
- Author, Generic Drug Manufacturers Shielded From State-Law Failure-to-Warn Claims, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 28, 2011
- Author, The Pathway for Biosimilars Act – Path or Detour?, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 11, 2008
- Author, Supreme Court Strengthens Preemption Defense for Medical Device Litigation, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 21, 2008