Carson focuses her practice on commercial litigation and insurance recovery, leveraging her experience in the federal and state judiciaries to represent clients in a wide range of business litigation matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Carson served as a law clerk for Justice Stephen McCullough of the Supreme Court of Virginia. In law school, Carson interned for Judge Roderick C. Young of the Eastern District of Virginia, as well as Judge Roger D. Gregory of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in activist shareholder litigation.
- Represented medical device company in international commercial arbitration.
- Represented media corporation in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended corporation against breach of contract claims arising out of a business sale.
- Defended medical device company against competitor’s false advertising claims.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Second Place, Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Law Student Writing Competition, 2022
- Hon. Stephen McCullough, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2020-2021
University of Richmond School of LawJD
Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Senior Staff, University of Richmond Law Review2020
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityBAPolitical Science and Multimedia Journalism, BS, Psychology (Triple Degree)
Member, Virginia State Bar
Member, Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Author, "Navigating Spoliation and Data Retention Issues in the Remote Workplace", DSBA Bar Journal, February 2022