Garra focuses on advising employers on the legal aspects of employee benefit and executive compensation matters arising under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
Garra received her undergraduate degree from Warner University, and her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law. During law school, Garra was notes and comments editor of the Wake Forest Journal of Law & Policy and a member of the Wake Forest Moot Court Board. She was also a research assistant for her second and third year.
Prior to law school, Garra worked for a global company where she provided support to a broad range of digital platforms.
Wake Forest University School of LawJD
Notes and Comments Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Law & Policy2020
- Warner UniversityBABusiness Administration and Pre-Law2010
- Author, IRS Issues Interim Guidance Under Expanded EPCRS, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 9, 2023
- Author, We’ve Come to the End of the COVID-19 Outbreak Period Road, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 6, 2023
- Author, New SEC Guidance: Pay-Versus-Performance Disclosures in Upcoming Proxy Statement Filings, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 15, 2023
- Author, SEC’s Final Clawback Rule — A Presentation Resource, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 27, 2022
- Author, SEC’s Final Pay for Performance Regulations – A Presentation Resource, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 30, 2022
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court Reinforces ERISA Fiduciary Duty to Monitor Investment Options, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 1, 2022