Matt practices corporate law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. He also has experience representing lenders in first lien, second lien, and mezzanine credit facilities.
Matt received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Juris Doctorate from the Duke University School of Law.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its acquisition of manufacturer of condiments, spices, seasonings and extracts, and related add-on acquisition of branded popcorn seasonings manufacturer.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its sale of online provider of driver safety, workplace safety and continuing education services.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its sale of compliance software and solutions provider for the financial services industry.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its sale of marketing agency for senior living communities.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its add-on acquisition of automation and control systems integration services provider for the life sciences industry.
- Represented Charlotte-based food service management and support services company in its initial equity investment in catering services company.
- Represented Charlotte-based private equity fund in its acquisition of replacement part distributor for the spray equipment industry.
- Represented tech-enabled managed services and solutions company in its acquisition of IT lifecycle services and solutions organization.
- Represented Charlotte-based investment firm in its acquisition of engineered retaining wall systems company.
- Represented foodservice distribution company in its acquisition of wholesale consumer products distributor for the convenience store industry.
- Represented financial services firm in its acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on oncology supportive care.
- Represented wireless telecommunications company in its acquisition of several companies, including a wireless solutions provider, a wireless integrator and telecommunications provider for the commercial and public safety industry.
- Represented private equity fund in its acquisition of nitrogen gas services provider.
- Advised private equity fund in its acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company and the financing of the acquisition by a third-party lender.
- Represented institutional mezzanine funds in debt and equity financings, including first lien, second lien and unsecured mezzanine debt investments.
- Advised semiconductor and global solid state LED lighting manufacturing company in an agreement to purchase the assets of the radio frequency (RF) power business of a publicly traded semiconductor company.
- Advised UK-based drug development services organization in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization.
- Represented industrial supplies manufacturer and supplier in its acquisition of a fastener and pallet manufacturer and supplier.
- Represented healthcare-focused private equity fund in its majority equity investment in dermatology practice.
- Represented pharmaceutical SaaS company in its sale to tech-enable healthcare solutions company.
- Represented multiple private companies in general corporate and governance matters.
Duke University School of LawJD
The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBA
with distinction and with Honors from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Phi Beta Kappa2013
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022, 2023, 2024