Holly Deshields is the office managing professional for McGuireWoods LLP and McGuireWoods Consulting’s Austin office. She is a senior vice president with McGuireWoods Consulting and serves as director of the firm’s Texas government relations team, assisting clients with issues related to economic development, transportation, healthcare, finance, and state and local affairs.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods Consulting in 2012, Holly served as chief of staff to Texas State Senator Mike Jackson and worked in the Texas Senate for over a decade building strong relationships with state legislators, capitol staff, executive branch and regulatory agencies.
She has been recognized by Capitol Inside in 2015 as a “Rising Star” in Texas politics and in 2016, was selected as the winner for Austin Under 40’s government and public affairs industry category.
Holly volunteers in various capacities around Central Texas. She served as member of the MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Advance Team and also founded Young Texans of Cancer’s Austin Chapter. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Texas at Austin and is a Kappa Alpha Theta alumni and Texas Ex. She enjoys spending her free time with her son, Hunt, as well as friends and family.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- The University of Texas at AustinBALiberal Arts and Government2002
- Moderator, Reopening Issues Facing Texas Retailers and Manufacturers, September 23, 2020
- Speaker, Reopening Texas: Considerations for Employers and Businesses, June 16, 2020
- Speaker, "The Project Acquisition Pipeline and Investor Preferences", 86th Texas Legislative Session Preview, Austin Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy, November 7 - 9, 2018
Board Secretary, Young Texans Against Cancer, 2011-2012
Advance Team Member, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2012
Vice President, Kappa Alpha Theta Facility Corporation Board, 2008-present
President and Founder, Young Texans Against Cancer, Austin Chapter, 2007-2011
- Author, Winter Storm Uri Power Dispute Reaches the Supreme Court of Texas, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 5, 2023
- Author, PUCT Winter Storm Uri Orders Reversed and Remanded by Texas Court of Appeals, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 19, 2023
- Co-author, "High Court’s Tribal Ruling May Enable More Gambling In Texas", Law360, June 23, 2022
- Author, Wind Energy in Texas – Renewable Energy Landscape, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, September 17, 2018
- Author, Texas Election Summary, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, November 9, 2016