Nick serves as partner in the real estate and land use department in the Atlanta office of McGuireWoods. Nick focuses his practice on the representation of real estate funds, pension funds, life insurance companies, lenders and developers in domestic and international transactions, including financings, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures involving all asset classes.
Nick also advises investors, lenders and developers in complex transactions and has extensive experience working with private equity firms.
Nick has represented some of the nation’s largest developers in over $1.5 billion of construction financings and has designed and implemented a real estate investment platform exceeding $1 billion for a foreign pension fund for investments into Europe.
- Represent one of the world’s largest alternative investment management companies in a $12 billion dollar bid for a publicly traded data center which consisted of over $6.5 billion of real estate debt across 150 properties.
- Represented hospitality group on a $2.2 billion recapitalization of hotel portfolio consisting of 196 properties across 22 states.
- Represented a national storage company on a $750 million refinance of a self-storage portfolio consisting of over 200 properties across 10 states.
- Represented an American private equity firm in multiple real estate financings across various asset classes totaling in excess of $500 million.
- Represented a debt fund on a $100 million-dollar industrial portfolio loan consisting of 3 properties in 2 states.
- Represented one of the largest multi-family developers in the country in over $1.5 billion of construction financings.
- Represented an institutional investor in a $250 million industrial portfolio loan.
- Counsel to a life insurance company on a $750 million single client account to originate commercial mortgages in major U.S. markets across a variety of asset classes.
- Designed and implemented a real estate investment platform exceeding $1 billion for a foreign pension fund for investments into Europe.