Anita’s practice is focused on e-discovery and has been since 2018. Her experience includes in particular coordinating preservation, collection, review, and production for large-scale cases and regulatory investigations involving numerous custodians and millions of documents.
Anita’s goal is to ensure that the e-discovery process is not only robust and defensible, but also as efficient and cost-effective as possible. To do that, she leverages her knowledge of electronic review platforms and tools; defensible and efficient procedures to preserve, identify and collect documents; best practices in handling e-discovery; and electronic filters and searches. She negotiates e-discovery issues with opposing parties, establishes review protocols and quality control processes, creates defensible privilege logs, and handles all other aspects of the discovery process.
Additionally, Anita often teams up with co-counsel and the client to determine how best to handle the discovery aspects of a matter, leveraging her experience to manage e-discovery challenges while also developing facts and legal theories needed to defend each case. Before concentrating on e-discovery, Anita’s practice at McGuireWoods focused on business and securities litigation. She regularly prepared pleadings and motions, drafted appellate briefs, conducted witness interviews and depositions, and represented clients in court. She now uses that experience and her extensive knowledge of e-discovery case law and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to aid clients and co-counsel in litigating discovery disputes.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Author, California Dreaming? New Discovery Rule May Be a Nightmare for Litigants, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 18, 2019
- Author, D.C. Circuit Rebukes CFPB in PHH Case, Subject to Inquiry, October 11, 2016
- Author, CFPB Announces New Set of Advisory Board Members, Subject to Inquiry, October 2, 2015
- Author, CFPB Signals Future Regulation in the Payment Processing Industry, Subject to Inquiry, July 22, 2015
- Author, Proposed New Legislation Would Extend CFPB Oversight Over SCRA, Subject to Inquiry, June 24, 2015
- Author, CFPB’s Position on Confidential Supervisory Information, Subject to Inquiry, February 6, 2015
- Author, CFPB Issues Sweeping Proposal to Regulate Prepaid Financial Products, Subject to Inquiry, December 1, 2014
- Co-author, The Use and Abuse of Empirical Evidence in Support of Normative Arguments on Judicial Selection, Making Law and Courts Research Relevant: The Normative Implications of Empirical Research, 2014
Indiana University Maurer School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Executive Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies2014
Michigan State UniversityBSPsychology and Criminal Justice
with High Honors2011
Selected for inclusion into the North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2019, 2020, 2021