Christina concentrates her practice on energy law and corporate and private equity transactions. She advises publicly traded and privately held energy companies on matters involving acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, project development, mineral conveyancing, regulatory matters, joint development and exploration agreements, gas gathering agreements, participation agreements, operating agreements, pipeline right-of-way agreements, oil and gas leases, and other documents associated with natural gas operations.
Christina also represents private equity funds, family offices, independent sponsors, and public and privately held companies in various transaction matters, including platform and add-on acquisitions, commercial transactions, and corporate governance matters. Christina’s transactional experience expands across multiple industries, including manufacturing, technology, energy and infrastructure, and consumer products.
Christina previously served as in-house counsel for a leading domestic steel producer. Christina received her law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- Representation of the operating subsidiary of a publicly traded U.S. natural gas company, in the sale of over 1,000 conventional natural gas wells, together with related fixtures, facilities, pipelines, and other equipment, located in Armstrong, Allegheny, Clearfield, Fayette, Indiana, Jefferson, and Westmoreland Counties, Pennsylvania; the sale of two field offices located in Scottdale, Pennsylvania and Yatesboro, Pennsylvania; and retention of an ongoing revenue interest in the conveyed wells to a privately owned oil and natural gas company founded in 2011 operating in all of the major shale plays in North America.
- Representation of an oil and gas corporation in the $1.25 billion in the corporation’s common units and $300 million in cash sale of oil storage, terminal and pipeline assets in multiple locations in the Western United States to its subsidiary.
- Representation of a mineral assets, royalties and overriding royalties company in acquisitions of oil and gas assets in Reeves, Reed, Pecos, Loving and Ward Counties, Texas and Major and Kingfisher Counties, Oklahoma.
- Representation of a publicly traded marketing, logistics and refining company in its acquisition of 13 retail convenience stores and gas stations in Minnesota.
- Representation of a Dallas-based private equity firm in the sale of its working interests in three saltwater disposal wells located in Atascosa, LaSalle, and Gonzales Counties, Texas and related assets to a midstream development company.
- Representation of a mineral assets, royalties and overriding royalties company in its $18 million acquisition of oil and gas assets in Texas.
- Representation of a publicly-traded marketing, logistics and refining company in its acquisition of a midstream company operating a multipart crude oil and frac sand logistics system in the Delaware Basin in West Texas and Southeast New Mexico.
- Representation of a publicly-traded energy company in the development and construction of a $1.6 billion interstate natural gas pipeline traversing Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Representation of a publicly-traded oil and gas company in the termination of a joint oil and gas development program and the exchange of over $100 million of Marcellus shale assets.
- Representation of an oil and gas company in its sale of midstream facilities and a related gas gathering agreement.
- Representation of acquirers and joint venture participants in organizing and completing large-scale mineral title abstracting and diligence projects.
- University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD2012
University of PittsburghBAPolitical Science, English Literature
magna cum laude, Program Honors2009
Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Speaker, 2019 Oil & Gas Law Conference, August 7-8, 2019
- Co-presenter, "Considerations for Developing Leased Acreage", IEL 9th Law of Shale Plays Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, September 5, 2018
- Speaker, Appalachian Association of Professional Landmen Winter Quarterly Seminar, December 5, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021, 2022
- Author, North Dakota Court: Similar Sales Admissible to Determine “Just Compensation” for Eminent Domain, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 13, 2021
- Author, Pipeline Progeny: The Bounds of Eminent-Domain Power and FERC Certificates, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 22, 2021
- Author, Expert Testimony, Substantiated Facts Tip the Scale: 8th Circuit Ruling Favors Energy Company, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 2, 2021