Daniel’s practice consists primarily of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactional matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Daniel was an associate at an Am100 law firm and a judicial law clerk for the 4th Judicial Circuit of Virginia in Norfolk.
- Representation of Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), an American power and energy company, in the pending $14 billion sale, including the assumption of $4.6 billion of debt, of three natural gas distribution companies – The East Ohio Gas Company, Public Service Company of North Carolina, Incorporated, and Questar Gas Company along with Wexpro Company – through three separate definitive agreements to Enbridge (TSX: ENB) (NYSE: ENB), a multinational pipeline and energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D) in the $8 billion sale, including the assumption of $5.3 billion of existing indebtedness, of the majority of its gas transmission and storage segment assets – including 25% of Cove Point LNG, an LNG export, import and storage facility in Maryland – to an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK.A).
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D), one of the largest energy and utility companies in the U.S., in the sale of Questar Pipelines to Southwest Gas Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SWX), an investor-owned utility based in Las Vegas, Nevada, in a transaction valued at $1.975 billion, including the assumption of $430 million of existing indebtedness.
- Representation of Performance Food Group (NYSE: PFGC), a foodservice distribution leader, in its acquisition of Eby-Brown Company LLC, a leading U.S. distributor of pre-packaged candy, snack, specialty beverages and tobacco products.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D), one of the largest energy and utility companies in the U.S., in the acquisition of Southern Co.’s (NYSE: SO) 5% stake in the Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE:D) in the acquisition of Southern Co.’s (NYSE:SO) Pivotal LNG, a wholly owned subsidiary which distributes liquefied natural gas for marine and road transportation.
- Representation of AvidXchange, a leading provider of accounts payable and payment automation solutions, in its acquisition of BankTEL Systems, a provider of accounting solutions to more than 20 percent of banks across the U.S.
- Representation of Estes Express Lines, a full-service freight transportation provider, in its successful $15 million stalking horse bid to acquire Eastern Freight Ways, Inc. and Carrier Industries, Inc., both affiliates of New England Motor Freight, one of the largest truckload carriers in the Northeast.
- Representation of Afton Chemical Corporation, a global leader in the lubricant and fuel additive market and wholly owned subsidiary of publicly traded NewMarket Corporation (NYSE:NEU) in its sale of its metalworking fluid business to Italmatch Chemicals, an Italy-based manufacturer and distributer of performance additives.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D), one of the largest energy and utility companies in the U.S., in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Dominion Energy Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: DM), a limited partnership formed by Dominion Energy to grow a portfolio of natural gas assets, by way of a stock-for-stock merger.
- Representation of SunFunder, an innovative solar finance business, in closing a $42.5 million capital commitment for its Solar Energy Transformation Fund, which will finance high impact solar energy projects and companies in emerging markets.
- Representation of Ace Electric Company, a family-owned electrical contractor in Virginia, in its management buyout of 50% interest in the company from a retiring shareholder.
- Representation of RRS Foodservice, a leading independent foodservice distributor in Virginia and division of J.L. Culpepper & Co., in its acquisition of DVF Foodservice, a food products supplier.
- Representation of an owner and operator of McDonald’s restaurants in its $57 million asset acquisition of 18 McDonald’s franchises from an owner and operator of fast food restaurants.
- Representation of publicly held snack foods company in $1.9 billion merger with publicly held target.
- Representation of community bank in $701 million dollar merger of equals.
- Representation of Canadian pharmaceutical company in $72.5 million initial public offering.
- Representation of publicly held snack foods company in divestiture of division to private equity fund.
- Representation of travel-tech startup in investment by international hotel chain.
- Washington and Lee University School of LawJD2013
- Vanderbilt UniversityBAPolitical Science2010
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021, 2022, 2024
Named to “Virginia Rising Stars,” Mergers & Acquisitions, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2021, 2022
Named to “Top 40 Under 40: Virginia,” The National Black Lawyers, 2021