Pat Horne has nearly 30 years of experience providing advice to investor-owned utilities and independent power producers.
His practice focuses on large scale energy capital projects, from the development of requests for proposals through negotiation of equipment supply contracts and engineering, procurement and construction contracts (EPC) for the projects.
- Negotiation of EPC contract for a 12 MW offshore wind farm installed in the OCS off the coast of Virginia, a long term service agreement for the project’s wind turbine generators, and for onshore interconnection facilities.
- Development of RFPs, evaluation of bids and negotiation of contracts for a 2,600 MW offshore wind project in the OCS off the coast of Virginia, including the turbine supply, long term service agreement and balance of plant installation and survey contracts for the project.
- Negotiation of the construction contract for the first Jones Act compliant offshore wind jack-up vessel and associated charter party agreements.
- Development of an RFP for proposed nuclear generating facility, evaluation of bids and negotiation of contracts for the development of the nuclear facility.
- Development of RFPs, evaluation of bids, and negotiation of EPC contracts for upgrade projects for nuclear generating facilities.
- Negotiation of EPC contracts for over 3,200 MWs natural gas-fired combined cycle generating facilities and 4,000 MW of simple cycle gas generating facilities.
- Negotiation of turbine supply and long term service agreements for a 400 MW electric wind project in Missouri.
- Development of an RFP, evaluation of bids, and negotiation of EPC contract for an approximately 600 MW coal-fired generating facility.
- Negotiation of an EPC contract for an LNG export facility on the east coast of the United States.
- Development of RFPs, evaluation of bids, and negotiation of EPC contracts for pollution control projects at existing coal generating facilities, including multiple flue gas desulfurization control projects, and a cooling tower project.
- Development of RFPs, evaluation of bids, and negotiation of multiple ash management services agreements.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
magna cum laude1993
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityBAHistory
Member, Virginia Bar Association, 1993-present
Member, Energy Bar Association 1996-present
Member, Section of Administrative Law, Virginia State Bar
- Speaker, Offshore Wind Market Update and Supply-Chain Investment Opportunities, July 14, 2022
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2013-2024
Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Author, Biden Administration Finalizes Three Wind Energy Areas off Mid-Atlantic Coast, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 1, 2023
- Author, Gov. Kathy Hochul Releases New York’s Third Competitive Offshore Wind RFP Solicitation, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 1, 2022
- Author, White House Launches Federal-State Offshore Wind Partnership to Supercharge Production by 2030, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 29, 2022