Ying concentrates her practice in middle-market finance transactions, focusing on asset-based lending, fund finance, and leveraged acquisitions. Her experience includes senior secured, cash flow and asset- based facilities, second lien and mezzanine debt, working capital lines and dividend recapitalizations. Ying has worked on transactions across a broad variety of industries but has focused on structuring, negotiating and documenting credit facilities in the healthcare sector.
She is managing partner of the McGuireWoods Chicago office and previously served as co-chair of the Women Lawyers Network of the Chicago office as well as chair of the Chicago office’s recruiting committee. In 2021, she was profiled in The Secured Finance Network’s The Secured Lender – Women in Secured Finance publication. Outside of the office, Ying has been heavily involved with the Apollo Chorus of Chicago, serving on its board of directors for several years and providing pro bono legal services. She is also a member of the President’s Leadership Council, an auxiliary board of the Founders’ Council, and serves on the board of The Catalyst Schools and Kehrein Center of the Arts Foundation.
- Representation of an ABL lender in working capital facilities for nursing home and SNF chain.
- Representation of an ABL lender in several working capital facilities for manufacturers of automobile parts.
- Representation of an ABL lender in working capital facility for distributor of snowmobiles.
- Representation of national lenders in term loans to high net worth individuals, including loans secured by ownership interests in real estate investment trusts.
- Representation of corporate client in restructuring of corporate family.
- Representation of medical practice groups in obtaining credit facilities.
- Representation of pro bono client on a number of general contract matters.
New York University School of LawJD
Executive Editor and Staff Editor, NYU Journal of International Law & Politics2001
- Yale UniversityBA1998
Member, American Bar Association
- Author, Up-and-Coming Women in PE to Know: Molly Williams Martin, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 12, 2019
- Author, Up-and-Coming Women in PE to Know: Stacey Wittelsberger, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 4, 2019
- Author, Women in Private Equity to Know: Kallie Hapgood, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 11, 2019
- Author, Women in Private Equity to Know: Elizabeth Burgess, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 22, 2018
- New York
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Banking and Finance, Illinois, Chambers USA, 2021-2023
Selected for inclusion in The Secured Finance Network’s The Secured Lender – Women in Secured Finance publication, 2021
Named to “Illinois Rising Stars,” Banking, Business/Corporate, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012
- Moderator, Lessons from History: From Vincent Chin to the Pandemic, May 25, 2022
- Guest Speaker, "The Importance of Cultivating Borrower-Lender Relationships", Across the Table, A Healthcare Private Equity Podcast, August 25, 2021
- Moderator, "Diversity and Inclusion in the Practice of Law", 6th Annual Healthcare Litigation and Compliance Conference, May 21, 2019