Kristin practices in the areas of financial services litigation and bank regulatory matters. Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Kristin was an examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. She supervised large banks on governance, credit risk management practices, and compliance with banking regulations.
Kristin also has experience in Asian financial regulations. She was a manager at a major asset management company in Seoul, Korea, where she worked with the Korean Financial Supervisory Services and Exchanges in Asia to register and list various funds including exchange-traded funds, international funds, real estate funds, and hedge funds.
Kristin graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School. She also served as a legal extern for Magistrate Judge Franklin L. Noel of the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
- New York
- Author, FTC and CFPB Announce New Rules to Tackle Junk Fees, Consumer FinSights, October 16, 2023
- Author, In the Weeds: D.C. Allows Adults to Self-Prescribe Medical Marijuana, NY Warnings, Oregon Bans Delta-8 THC Products, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 13, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: Top Court Declines Workers’ Compensation Case, MLB Permits CBD Sponsorship, Buyer Beware Delta-9, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 1, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: Missouri Settles With Producers, Treasury Seeks Input on Marijuana Businesses, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 15, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: FDA Warns Against CBD for Food-Producing Animals, Okla. Suspends Lab License, Calif. Launches Cannabis Access Map, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 1, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: Va. Delta-8 Ban Vetoed, Request to Ban “Copycat” THC Edibles, Calif. Emergency THC Rules, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 4, 2022
- Author, The CFPB’s Interest in Examining Fintechs Likely Means More Naming and Shaming by the Agency, Subject to Inquiry, April 28, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: The 4/20 Edition — Va. Medical Use, Two Delta-8 Bans, NY Cannabis Banking and Tax Deductions, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 20, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: MORE Act Advances in Congress, Bright Green Registers Shares in U.S., FDA Warns CBD Sellers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 6, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: Connecticut’s Licensing Lottery, Illinois’ Delays, Michigan Universities to Study Cannabis, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 24, 2022
- Author, In the Weeds: N.H. May Protect Worker Use; Feds Weigh Hemp THC Limits; Can Utility Power Marijuana Facilities?, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 9, 2022