Wolf is a litigator that helps solve his clients’ most complex disputes. In addition to tackling commercial claims of all stripes, Wolf focuses his practice on trade secret, financial, environmental, and energy litigation.
Wolf serves clients in variety of industries, including technology, energy, banking, and manufacturing. For example, Wolf has experience in seeking and defending against injunctive relief in cases involving alleged trade secret misappropriation and breach of confidentiality agreements. Wolf has also represented energy companies in a variety of contexts in lawsuits in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Montana. Wolf’s environmental experience includes resolving toxic tort claims, contamination claims, and claims under CERCLA and various state statutes.
Wolf’s civic engagement includes a dedication to providing pro bono legal services, mentoring law students with diverse backgrounds, and supporting various charitable and nonprofit endeavors. For instance, Wolf serves as a board member for Bikes for the World, a non-profit organization which makes used bicycles available to low-income people in developing countries.
- Prosecuted bet-the-company trade secret and breach of fiduciary litigation for Fortune 150 energy company, obtaining a significant settlement at the eve of trial.
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions for international and technology companies—preventing further theft of trade secrets, breaches of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, and violations of restrictive covenants.
- Represented national bank in lawsuits and other disputes with auto dealerships to protect bank’s rights with respect to the issues arising from dealerships’ origination of loans.
- Obtained dismissal from federal court for lawsuit involving oil company’s assets in Papua New Guinea.
- Obtained favorable settlement for company in relation to dispute over the sale of oil and gas interests valued at more than $10 million.
- Advised multi-national energy company regarding acquisition of other energy company and lawsuits that would be part of acquisition.
- Represented telecommunications company and defeated class certification of putative class of property owners allegedly damaged by buried cables.
- Defended oil and gas services company in lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets pertaining to oilfield equipment.
- Represented oil and gas operator in lawsuit stemming from failed well casing against manufacturer, distributor, and inspection company.
- Represented multiple clients in lawsuits alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract against other companies and clients’ former executives and employees.
- Defended energy companies in lawsuits involving environmental and toxic tort allegations.
- Obtained favorable settlements with respect to contribution claims made against clients under CERCLA.
- Counseled company with regard to investigation of data breach at major retailer.
- Assisted transportation company in developing response plan so they could be prepared if they ever suffered a data breach.
- Prosecuted criminal cases for the city of Houston as a volunteer prosecutor, including trying ten jury trials to verdict.
Tulane University Law SchoolJD
with Honors, Order of the Coif, Senior Managing Editor, Tulane Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property2010
The University of Texas at AustinBAHistory
Advisory Board Member, Institute for Law & Technology, The Center for American and International Law (CAIL)
American Bar Association
D.C. Bar Association
Texas Bar Association
Houston Bar Association
Board Member, Bikes for the World
- Author, Intended Consequences: Regulating Cyber Attacks, 12 Tul. J. Tech & Intell. Prop. 259, 2009
- Author, Picking Roommates on the Internet: Matching Roommates Online and Losing Communications Decency Act Immunity in the Process, 11 Tul. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 139, 2008
- District of Columbia
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Litigation – Environmental, Oil and Gas Law, 2024
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” General Commercial Disputes, 2023
Selected for inclusion in Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2020-2023
Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018
Former extern to Hon. Sarah S. Vance; U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Speaker, "Enforcement", What You Need to Know: Protection, Enforcement and Defense of Trade Secrets, October 27, 2022
- Speaker, You’ve Mastered Remote Working — Now What About Trade Secret Protection?, May 21, 2020