Shan Massand focuses his litigation practice on defending institutional banking and financial companies in all phases of consumer-based litigation in New York state and federal courts.
Shan is well-versed in litigating complex financial services litigation matters concerning lender liability, consumer fraud, loan origination, compliance, title-related disputes and violations of state and federal consumer protection statutes and regulations including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). Additionally, Shan defends mortgage lenders, automobile lenders, servicers and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, fair lending, debt collection statutes and deceptive trade practice laws.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Shan worked in the financial services litigation department of an international law firm.
- Representation of several of the largest American financial institutions in federal court in credit card, mortgage and automobile loan matters.
- University of Miami School of LawJD
University of MichiganBAPolitical Science
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey