Sophie focuses her practice on the healthcare industry, advising her clients on a broad range of healthcare transactional and regulatory matters.
Sophie received her Bachelor of Arts in Medicine, Health, & Society and Philosophy from Vanderbilt University in 2019. She then went on to receive her law degree from Duke University School of Law and her Master of Arts in Bioethics and Science Policy from Duke University. While at Duke, Sophie completed her graduate thesis, titled “What Doctors Can Learn from Tik Tok: Medicine, Media, and the Rise of AI”, and acted as a research assistant for Duke’s Science Regulation Lab. Sophie also served as a student attorney in Duke University School of Law’s Children’s Clinic.
- Duke University School of LawJD2022
- Duke University Graduate SchoolMABioethics, Tech Ethics and Science Policy2022
- Author, California Bans Four Common Food Additives and 26 Chemicals Used in Cosmetics, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 16, 2023
- Author, CMS Ends COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Medicare- and Medicaid-Certified Providers and Suppliers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 7, 2023
- Author, U.S. House and Senate Committees Move Legislation to Reform Pharmacy Benefit Managers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 24, 2023
- Author, CMS Publicly Releases Ownership Data for Medicare-Certified Hospice and Home Health Agencies, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 2, 2023
- Author, Government Agencies Join Forces Against Bias and Discrimination in AI, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 2, 2023
- Author, Outdated Medicare Enrollment Data? Caution: CMS Verifying Ownership, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 26, 2023
- Author, HIPAA Enforcement Discretion Ends When Public Health Emergency Expires on May 11, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 19, 2023
- Author, Medicare Accelerated Payment Fraud Leads to Criminal Conviction, The FCA Insider, March 1, 2023