Rhett O’Doski has more than 20 years’ experience in government and politics and has a proven track record of successfully representing clients on complex business matters with professionalism and integrity. Rhett’s work inside State Government has positioned him as a trusted and valuable resource to state policy makers.
Rhett has worked in the private sector since 2002, representing clients with a wide array of interests before the Legislature and state agencies. His practice has focused on property and casualty insurance, health care, energy, technology, and financial services.
Rhett has a diverse background in government and politics. Prior to practicing in the public sector, he served as Senior Consultant to Former Insurance Commissioner, Bill Nelson (current U.S. Senator) and Legislative Specialist to Former Chief Financial Officer, Tom Gallagher. As the legislative lobbyist for the Department of Insurance under two administrations, Rhett was responsible for development, coordination, and passage of the Department’s legislative agenda and budget priorities. Rhett also served four years as Chief of Staff to former State Senator, Charles Williams.
Rhett is a member of the Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals, the Florida Association of Health Underwriters, and the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists.
A native of Bartow, Rhett moved to Tallahassee in 1991, received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science from Florida State University, and made Tallahassee his home.
Outside of the office, Rhett enjoys car racing and spent eight years competing professionally in the IMSA and Grand Am race series. Rhett is married to Ivette Arango O’Doski and together they have one son, RJ and daughter Ivette.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Author, Will Florida Finally Reach a Casino, Sports Betting Deal?, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 28, 2021
- Author, Update on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 27, 2021
- Author, Florida Governor Issues Executive Order Prohibiting COVID-19 Vaccine Passports, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 2, 2021
- Author, Florida House Moving on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, February 24, 2021
- Author, Consumer Privacy Legislation Expected in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, January 6, 2021
- Florida State UniversityBSPolitical Science1996