Deepak is one of the nation’s leading aviation finance lawyers. He represents airlines, aircraft leasing companies, financial institutions and investment funds in M&A, financing, restructuring and leasing transactions involving commercial aircraft.
He also advises Fortune 500 companies, financiers and high-net-worth individuals in a wide variety of private and corporate jet transactions. Deepak leverages significant experience in cross-border transportation finance transactions to support and advance the business goals and objectives of his clients.
Chambers USA has recognized Deepak as one of the nation’s leading aircraft finance lawyers on multiple occasions. Euromoney has selected him for inclusion in the “Euromoney Expert Guide: Aviation,” every year since 2019, and Corporate Jet Investor has recognized him as a leading business aviation lawyer each year since 2014.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Deepak was a partner in the Transportation Finance Department of an international Am Law 50 firm.
- Representation of Oak Hill Capital Partners in its financings of multiple Boeing 777 aircraft with DZ Bank AG, DVB Bank SE, and Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen (Helaba).
- Representation of Oak Hill Capital Partners in its acquisition of Cargo 360, Inc., a cargo airline and, subsequently, in connection with Cargo 360’s merger with another cargo airline, Southern Air Inc.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest aircraft leasing companies in connection with the acquisition of a 10 aircraft portfolio of Airbus and Boeing aircraft on lease to lessees in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representation of a leading financier of corporate aircraft in connection with the acquisition/disposition, financing or leasing of more than a dozen aircraft.
- Representation of Avolon Aerospace Leasing Limited, the Dublin-based aircraft lessor, in connection with multiple secured financings for the purchase of Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
- Representation of Accipiter Holdings DAC in connection with multiple aircraft portfolio acquisitions covering over 30 aircraft.
- Representation of a New York-based investment fund in connection with more than a dozen transaction involving the acquisition and disposition of commercial aircraft and engines.
- Representation of ING Capital LLC in connection with a loan transaction guaranteed by the Export-Import Bank of the United States under which Citibank, as the facility agent and guaranteed lender, extended a loan to Korean Air Lines.
- Representation of ING Capital LLC in connection with the a loan transaction guaranteed by the Export-Import Bank of the United States under which Citibank, as the facility agent and guaranteed lender, extended a loan to Japan Airlines.
- Representation of NXT Capital, LLC, a leading commercial finance company, in connection with a secured aircraft loan to Republic Airlines, Inc.
- New York
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Transportation: Aviation Finance, Nationwide, Chambers USA, 2021, 2022, 2023
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Aviation Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2020-2023
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Aviation and Air Travel – Finance, Legal 500 US, 2023
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance, 2021, 2022, 2023
Selected for inclusion in the Euromoney Expert Guide: Aviation, 2019-2021
Ranked an “Up and Coming Lawyer,” Transportation, Chambers USA, 2015, 2016
Named a Leading Business Aviation Lawyer in the U.S., Corporate Jet Investor, 2014-2021
- Fordham University School of LawJD1998
- Brandeis UniversityBA1995
American Bar Association – Aircraft Financing Subcommittee
International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
National Business Aviation Association
South Asian Bar Association of New York
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association