Kassie joined McGuireWoods Consulting in 2016. As a senior vice president in the Virginia State Government Relations group, she assists clients with government relations needs before the Virginia General Assembly, Virginia regulatory agencies, and the executive branch. Kassie has experience working with clients across industries including healthcare, education, and private equity.
In addition to her work in Virginia, Kassie provides extensive legislative and regulatory tracking and analysis in all 50 states on a diverse set of issues including education, data privacy, real estate, and employment matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods Consulting, she worked in fundraising for several members of the U.S. House of Representatives. She is a graduate of Penn State University and the University of Richmond School of law. During law school, Kassie served as editor-in-chief of the Richmond Journal of Law and the Public Interest and received the University of Richmond School of Law Pro Bono Award in 2016.
Kassie serves as the Chair of the Massey Alliance Young Professional Board supporting VCU Massey Cancer Center. She is also a member of the Virginia Public Access Project’s Partners Board and an Advisor for the Zeta Xi Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi at the University of Virginia.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Author, How States are Using Technology to Shape the Classroom Experience, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, December 10, 2019
- Author, State Emphasis on Early Learning and Trends in Balancing Local Control with State Accountability, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, October 31, 2019
- Co-author, "State Attorneys General Play Growing Data Privacy Role", Law360, January 10, 2017
- Author, Don’t Forget the State Attorneys General, Password Protected, December 7, 2016
- University of Richmond School of LawJD2016
- The Pennsylvania State UniversityBAPolitical Science2012
Pro Bono Award, Public Interest Law Association, 2016
Pro Bono Certification Award, Harry L. Carrico Center for Pro Bono Service, 2016