Sean Stafford has over 25 years’ experience and a reputation for working hard and delivering results. Over those 25 years, he has provided political and strategic advice to some of the nation’s largest and most prestigious corporations, helping them navigate through complex problems within state government.
Sean has worked with a broad array of industries over the years and uses that experience to solve problems and create new opportunities for his clients. During his career, he has been appointed by Republican and Democrat, elected officials to serve on task forces, most notably the Governor’s Trade Mission to the UK Task Force as a delegate working on renewable energy, and the Florida Chief Financial Officer’s “Safeguarding our Seniors” Task Force, established to better protect Florida seniors against financial fraud.
Sean received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science from Florida State University and was awarded the prestigious Academic Leadership Award.
A lifelong Tallahassee resident, Sean is an active member of the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists, the Seminole Boosters, The Governor’s Club, and Killearn United Methodist Church. He is married to Tallahassee native Susan Duggar Stafford, and they are the parents of three children.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
Board of Directors, Young Actors Theater
- Florida State UniversityBSPolitical Science1995
- Author, Will Florida Finally Reach a Casino, Sports Betting Deal?, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 28, 2021
- Author, Update on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 27, 2021
- Author, Florida Governor Issues Executive Order Prohibiting COVID-19 Vaccine Passports, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 2, 2021
- Author, Florida House Moving on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, February 24, 2021
- Author, Consumer Privacy Legislation Expected in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, January 6, 2021