For more than fifteen years, Emily had defended some of the world’s largest manufacturers in complex product liability matters involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, dietary supplements, motor vehicles, tires, helmets, industrial equipment and various consumer products.
In addition to products defense, Emily has litigated catastrophic industrial incidents, as well as trucking accidents.
Emily has prepared and argued numerous dispositive and discovery motions in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, California, New Jersey, New York, Louisiana, Florida, Washington, and West Virginia, and has argued appeals before the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
She has served as national counsel to two pharmaceutical companies, overseeing litigation coordinated in Federal Multi-District Litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country.
During law school, Emily served as a clerk for the Honorable Irene M. Keeley in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia.
- Acted as national counsel for one of the world’s largest generic drug manufacturers, responsible for all aspects of over 600 cases involving pharmaceutical products, pending in multiple state courts, and coordinated in various state and federal mass actions and MDLs.
- Advised in multiple complex product liability cases involving guns, ATVs, automobiles, personal watercraft, and various other consumer products.
- Represented companies in several complex industrial explosions involving allegations of wrongful death at a major steel plant, a chemical processing plant, and an oil rig.
- Assisted national coordinating counsel group in phenylpropanalomine (PPA) litigation on behalf of a global drug company.
- Argued multiple dispositive and discovery motions in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, California and West Virginia.
West Virginia University College of LawJD
Order of the Coif2000
West Virginia UniversityBA
magna cum laude1997
Member, McGuireWoods LGBT Affinity Group
- Speaker, McGuireWoods Partners With Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund Name Change Project, April 12, 2019
- Presenter, "The Significance and Potential Impact of Mutual Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. v. Bartlett", Current Issues in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation, American Bar Association, November 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Hon. Irene Keeley, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, 2000-2001