Howard concentrates his practice in real estate and commercial lending, banking and creditors’ rights. He has extensive experience in lender representations in complex real estate and commercial lending transactions including syndicated transactions.
His focus encompasses asset-based and general corporate lending, highly leveraged transactions, conduit lending/securitization, portfolio real estate financing, including construction financing, commercial mortgage banking services, and loan servicing from the lender’s perspective.
With respect to bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, he has experience with representing secured and unsecured creditors in all aspects of complex debt restructurings, reorganizations and workouts in and out of the bankruptcy context in the real estate financing and commercial lending areas.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Howard served as deputy general counsel at AMRESCO, Inc. in Dallas, Texas.
- Representation of a regional lender in a revolving credit facility to a transportation services company for financial institutions.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 financial institution in an acquisition loan for a portfolio of office buildings in Florida.
- Representation of an asset-based lender in the acquisition financing of two recycling companies in the Mid-Atlantic.
- Representation of an asset-based lender in the financing of a potato processor.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 financial institution in the construction financing of industrial warehouses in the Mid-Atlantic and Southwest.
- Representation of an European lender in the financing of hotels, resorts and multifamily income producing properties throughout the United States.
- Representation of a financial institution in the term loan financing of thirteen acute care facilities in Tennessee, Mississippi and West Virginia.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 financial institution in the out of court restructuring of income producing properties located in the Southeast.
- Representation of a regional lender in the out of court restructuring of retailers and temporary staffing agencies.
- Representation of one of the leading providers of commercial loan servicing in the United States.
Baylor Law SchoolJD
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Named to “Georgia Super Lawyers,” Banking, Securities & Corporate Finance, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2005
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Speaker, "Managing Borrower Expectations", Mortgage Bankers Association Conference, July 9, 2007