Kris concentrates his practice on secured and unsecured loan transactions, debt restructurings, loan workouts, real estate loans, foreclosures, debtor-in-possession financing, creditors’ rights and insolvency.
He has represented foreign and domestic banks, financial institutions, real estate lenders and creditor groups in the areas of finance and financial restructuring, including lead arrangers, administrative, collateral and documentation agents and borrowers in secured and unsecured syndicated transactions as well as single lender loan transactions.
His experience includes loan originations, debtor-in-possession financings, debt and corporate restructurings, acquisition financings, private equity loans and investments, distressed debt trades, complex out-of-court workouts and insolvency proceedings, managing real estate loan portfolios, real estate workouts and structuring of complex real estate transactions, exercise of remedies on personal and real property collateral, and asset acquisitions in and out of court.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Kris was Associate General Counsel of the U.S. subsidiary of an international bank where he was responsible for all lending matters for the bank. He worked with approximately 60 loan officers in the areas of domestic and international corporate lending, domestic and international private banking, not-for-profit, healthcare, real estate, asset based lending, syndications, factoring and managed assets. The types of transactions included all aspects of secured and unsecured loan originations, loan workouts and restructurings, interest rate swaps, control agreements, non-disclosure agreements, deposit-related products and other new bank products.
- Rutgers School of Law - CamdenJD1994
- University of MichiganMaster of MusicCello Performance1989
State University of New York at PurchaseBFACello Performance
magna cum laude1987
Myron Harkavy Prize Winner, Rutgers University School of Law, 1994
- Author, Understanding DIP Financing, Lexis Practice Advisor, April 4, 2018
- Author, Trademark Licenses in Bankruptcy – Can You Assume or Not Assume, That is the Question, Bloomberg Bankruptcy Law Reporter, 2010
- New Jersey
- New York
- Speaker, "Moonlighting as Bankruptcy and Workout Attorney", Bankruptcy Webinar Series: Moonlighting as Bankruptcy and Workout Attorney, LexisNexis, June 29 & 30, 2020
- Panelist, "Navigating Your Way Through the Latest Complexities of Bankruptcy", ABI Spring Meeting, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, "Navigating Your Way Through the Latest Complexities of Bankruptcy", University of Minnesota Law School Structured Finance Class, 2010
- Panelist, "The Changing Dynamics of Bankruptcy - Peeking From Behind the Hedge and BAPCPA", Bloomberg Bankruptcy Law Seminar, 2009