Kate is a senior vice president of strategic communications on the national MWCAdvocacy team with over 12 years of experience in corporate and political communications and public relations.
Her expertise is in creating and executing multifaceted communications plans, including paid and earned media, thought leadership development, executive communication, audience analysis, and message development. Her experience includes digesting complicated policies, regulations and/or strategies and communicating those to the targeted audiences in a way that is authentic and persuasive. She has a depth of experience helping companies across industries maximize their ESG efforts by creating strategic content to support her client’s ESG metrics and goals.
Kate has worked as a consultant and in-house for both state and federal elected officials and publicly traded corporations. She has a deep and experienced background in the energy industry and today works with clients in numerous industries, including healthcare, education, advocacy, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods Consulting, she served as the Director of Public Affairs for Texas Railroad Commissioner Jim Wright and spent the last five years in the energy industry.
Kate lives in Austin with her husband and two boys and is a graduate of Texas Tech University and Johns Hopkins University.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Speaker, "Reporting, Promoting, and Safeguarding your ESG Efforts", 2022 RNG Coalition Webinar, July 20, 2022
- Speaker, "Texas: Policy Issues Impacting RNG", RNG Summit, May 19, 2022
- Presenter, "Overview of ESG and Latest Trends", ESG: What Companies Need to Know, January 19, 2022
- Speaker, "Texas: Policy Issues Impacting RNG", RNG Summit, Fort Worth, TX, May 19, 2022
- Johns Hopkins UniversityMA2012
Texas Tech UniversityBA
- Author, State Attorneys General Activity on the Rise, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 22, 2023
- Author, PUCT Winter Storm Uri Orders Reversed and Remanded by Texas Court of Appeals, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 19, 2023
- Author, Crypto-Miners, Large Loads Subject to New Interim Interconnection Process in ERCOT, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 21, 2022