On Oct. 26, 2023, Arlington County released the final version of Plan Langston Boulevard (PLB) and scheduled public hearings for potential adoption in November. The final plan, which incorporates a few changes to certain land use recommendations since the previous draft, represents the culmination of a nearly five years of planning effort by Arlington County.
The Arlington County Planning Commission will consider PLB on Nov. 1. The Arlington County Board will vote on whether to approve PLB on Nov. 11. If adopted, PLB will guide redevelopment in the Langston Boulevard corridor for the next several decades. The Arlington County Board likely will implement follow-up zoning and planning changes to PLB in 2024.
For background on this plan, see previous McGuireWoods legal alerts:
- Sept. 29, 2023, “Arlington County, Virginia, Tees Up Final Langston Boulevard Area Plan”
- June 23, 2023, “Arlington County Virginia Releases Draft of Langston Boulevard Area Plan”
- Aug. 22, 2022, “Arlington County, Virginia, Takes Major Step to Advance Plan Langston Boulevard”
- March 1, 2022, “Arlington, Virginia, Zoning and Planning Update”
- Sept. 3, 2020, “Arlington County, Va., Completes Plan Lee Highway Phase I, Releases Planning Studies”
- May 26, 2020, “Arlington County’s ‘Plan Lee Highway’ Study Picks Up Pace”