Lawyers in McGuireWoods’ SEC practice provided an informative meeting regarding updates on case law, proposals and other changes in the securities regulatory environment. Topic included:
- Overview of the SEC’s Proposed Amendments to the E-Proxy Rules Meredith Sanderlin Thrower, Richmond
- Update Regarding the SEC’s Latest Extension of the Internal Control Attestation Report Deadline for Non-Accelerated Filers Karl M. Strait, Richmond
- Recent SEC Enforcement Action Under the Sarbanes CEO/CFO Compensation “Clawback” Provision G. William Tysse, Washington, DC
- U.S. v. Ruehle – The Ninth Circuit’s Reading of Privilege in the Context of Corporate Internal Investigations Darren William Stanhouse, Raleigh
- Lefkoe v. Jos. A. Bank – The Fourth Circuit’s Review of a Purported First Amendment Right to Anonymity With Implications for Deposition and Subpoena Practice in Securities and Other Litigation Alex J. Brackett, Richmond
David H. Pankey, SEC Practice Chair, served as moderator of the meeting.
- Multimedia presentation (WMV)