McGuireWoods provides an interactive, practical discussion on key aspects of HIPAA compliance, with a focus on how certain obligations have changed pursuant to the HITECH Act. We will provide practical steps on how best to prepare for an OCR audit or investigation, and how to minimize liability resulting from the conduct of vendors and other third parties.
- What can covered entities and business associates expect from an enforcement perspective?
- What are the compliance obligations of covered entities and business associates?
- A checklist of documentation requirements – what, when and where to retain
- Unauthorized uses and disclosures – determining whether a “breach” has occurred, and ensuring fulfillment of notification requirements
- Minimizing liability risks posed by vendors and other third parties
- How to conduct security assessments in a cost-effective manner
Justin Greis, Senior Manager, Advisory Services, Ernst & Young
Sean Wessman, Manager Advisory Services, Ernst & Young
Kimberly J.Kannensohn, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
Holly Carnell, Associate, McGuireWoods LLP