May 11, 2011 – Healthcare Private Equity Wednesday Webinar Series
Healthcare and life sciences companies do business in a heated regulatory enforcement environment. The importance of conducting a thorough due diligence review to ensure a target investment’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations has never been more important. This webinar will give you an overview of key areas of diligence that private equity funds should review prior to making investments. Speakers will also discuss results of a survey of key indemnification terms in healthcare transactions.
- Discussion of the current healthcare and life sciences regulatory enforcement environment.
- Key due diligence issues including relationships with referral sources; contractual relationships; licenses; permits and certifications; and compliance with clinical and manufacturing quality requirements.
- Results of a survey of recent healthcare deals and key indemnification terms included in transaction documents including industry standards for escrow terms; indemnification items; indemnification survival, baskets, caps and other limitations; and special healthcare indemnification.
- Jim Bedford, Vice President & Practice Lead, Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Regulatory Compliance Associates Inc.
- Geoff Cockrell, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Amber Walsh, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Krist Werling, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP