In 2015, the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) will likely begin enforcing the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (the HITECH Act) through random audits. Covered entities – including healthcare providers and health plans – and their business associates could be randomly selected to have their compliance with the Security Rule, the Privacy Rule, and the Breach Notification Rule assessed.
January is an ideal time for covered entities and business associates to take internal actions to prepare for an audit. This webinar addressed what to expect with the HITECH Act audits and how covered entities and business associates can prepare.
- What can be learned from 2014 enforcement actions
- Predictions for the 2015 enforcement climate
- Review of the HITECH Act Pilot Audit Program in 2013
- Key steps to prepare audits in 2015
- Nathan A. Kottkamp, Partner, McGuireWoods
- Meggan Michelle Bushee, Associate, McGuireWoods