12.30 p.m. Lunch and Registration | 1 p.m. Programme | 5.30 p.m. Cocktail Reception
Please join McGuireWoods for a comprehensive overview and analysis of the rules, standards and laws impacting EU, UK and U.S. data protection and security.
Our esteemed panel of international speakers will provide insight on developments in the data protection and security arena over the past 12 months and going forward including Brexit, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the impending General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The conference will conclude with an analysis of recent high profile cyber-crimes and practical ways to plan and prevent data breaches.
- The Great Data Protection Reckoning Is Upon Us: Keep Calm and Prepare – practical advice on preparing for the GDPR
- The Role of the Data Protection Officer – how businesses should tackle the new GDPR requirements
- Introduction to the Framework of U.S. Privacy Law – including comparisons with EU and UK procedures
- Snowden, Schrems, Shield: Where to Next? – International data transfers and what businesses should consider when implementing a data transfer strategy
- Information Is a Beautiful Thing: Tackling Cyber-Crime − planning, prevention and privacy impact assessments
Who Should Attend
In-house counsel, risk managers, security officers, regulatory and compliance officers, directors, financial officers, information officers, human resources and managers of corporations with cross-border operations
For more information, please contact Natalie Boot at [email protected] or +44 20 7632 1628