Jeff focuses his practice on advising healthcare providers and organizations on a broad range of healthcare operational, regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. Jeff’s clients include private equity sponsors and healthcare clients, including ambulatory surgery centers, surgery center management companies, dental support organizations, and optometry practice platforms.
Jeff advises clients on the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, state fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA compliance, state corporate practice of medicine doctrines, state licensure laws, contract drafting, and due diligence.
Jeff earned a Masters of Law with a Health Law and Policy Specialization from American University Washington College of Law.
- Representation of an ambulatory surgery management company and Delaware ambulatory surgery center in divestment sale of ambulatory surgery center.
- Representation of physician practice group in purchase of controlling interest of an Illinois ambulatory surgery center.
- Representation of a national hospital system and ambulatory surgery center management company in their joint venture for the development and acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers throughout the United States.
- Advised ambulatory surgery center management company on formation of national joint venture with prominent large healthcare system.
- Transactional and regulatory representation of an endodontic and periodontics focused dental support organization in multiple add-on asset acquisitions throughout the United States.
- Transactional and regulatory representation of an orthodontics-focused dental support organization in multiple add-on asset acquisitions throughout the United States.
- Advised a vision practice management company and its private equity sponsor in add-on asset acquisitions of practices in Virginia.
- Assisted a dermatology practice management company on transactional and regulatory aspects of add-on asset acquisition of practices in Illinois.
- American University Washington College of LawMaster in LawHealth Law and Policy Specialization2015
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of LawJD2010
Member, American Health Law Association
- Author, New York to Implement Mandatory Reporting of Health Care Transactions, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 8, 2023
- Author, Supreme Court Upholds CMS Vaccine Mandate: Next Steps for Healthcare Providers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 14, 2022
- Author, OIG Advisory Opinion Allows ASC Joint Venture by Management Company and Hospital-Employed Physicians, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 21, 2021
- Author, HHS OIG Targets Ophthalmology Practices for Medicare Billing Compliance: Eight Key Takeaways, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 29, 2021
- Author, 5th Circuit Weakens HHS Ability to Enforce HIPAA Safeguards, Password Protected, January 27, 2021
- Author, Omnibus Appropriations Package – 15 Key Provisions for Healthcare Providers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 13, 2021
- Author, HHS OIG Adds Audit of CARES Act Provider Relief Funds to Work Plan, The FCA Insider, May 26, 2020
- Author, CMS Issues Explanatory Guidance on Stark Law Blanket Waivers During COVID-19 Pandemic, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 30, 2020
- Author, Changes to CMS’ Conditions of Participation Regulations for Providers Take Effect Nov. 29, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 12, 2019
- District of Columbia
- Presenter, "Key Regulatory Issues Facing Ambulatory Surgery Centers", McGuireWoods Healthcare Bootcamp Series, October 2022