Kate is a member of the Commercial Litigation team, focusing on protecting clients’ business interests. Prior to law school, Kate served as a marketing and brand manager for several Fortune 500 companies. She draws on that experience to help clients navigate high-stakes investigations and litigation.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Kate served as a law clerk in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and clerked in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Author, Data of the Dead: A Proposal for Protecting Posthumous Data Privacy, 62 William & Mary Law Review, November 2020
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
magna cum laude, Managing Editor, William & Mary Law Review2021
- Virginia Commonwealth UniversityMBA2008
- University of WashingtonMA2004
- University of VirginiaBA2001
Recipient, “American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence,” William & Mary Law School, 2021
- Hon. John A. Gibney Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2022-2023
- Hon. Kevin R. Huennekens, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2021-2022