Paul represents and counsels individual and corporate clients across industries in investigations in the state and federal arena, including investigations into campaign finance and consumer fraud.
He is a member of the firm’s Government Investigations & White Collar Litigation department, which was recognized by Law360 as a Practice Group of the Year. He analyzes and advises on complex legal issues and develops strategy for responding to investigations by regulatory agencies and USAOs across the country.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Paul served as a law clerk to U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson of the Eastern District of Virginia. He also interned for U.S. Magistrate Judge David J. Novak of the Eastern District of Virginia.
During law school, Paul was an articles editor for the Journal of Law and Politics and president of the William Minor Lile Moot Court Board. Before attending law school, Paul served as a clerk for the Virginia House of Delegates Courts of Justice Committee.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Hon. Henry E. Hudson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2017-2018
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Articles Editor, Journal of Law and Politics2017
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityBAPolitical Science and History
magna cum laude2013
- Author, “There are Cops on the Beat”: DOJ’s Procurement Collusion Strike Force Leader Emphasizes Criminal Antitrust as Top Enforcement Priority, Subject to Inquiry, October 2, 2023
- Author, Update: Pain Management or Pill Mill? Top Court Weighs Standards for Prosecuting Practitioners, Subject to Inquiry, March 11, 2022
- Author, Pain Management or Pill Mill? Supreme Court to Weigh in on Standards for Prosecutions of Practitioners Prescribing Narcotics, Subject to Inquiry, February 25, 2022
- Author, Supreme Court to Resolve CFAA Circuit Split, Subject to Inquiry, June 22, 2020
- Author, Fair Lending: State Responses to Moves at the CFPB, Consumer FinSights, December 3, 2018