Emily focuses her practice on all aspects of the development, acquisition and sale of renewable energy, power, and infrastructure projects throughout the United States.
Emily has led projects in various stages of development from initial bid, through financial close and into commercial operation. She has experience drafting and negotiating engineering procurement and construction (EPC) agreements, long-term supply agreements, and operation and maintenance (O&M) agreements. Emily also has experience advising on corporate matters including joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
While in law school, Emily served as editor-in-chief of the University of Richmond Law Review and received the T.C. Williams Law School Scholarship Award for her contributions to legal scholarship.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. in its $1.23 billion divestiture of interests in two merchant electric generation assets, the 1,240 MW combined-cycle gas turbine Fairless Power Station in Pennsylvania and the 468 MW combined-cycle gas turbine Manchester Street Power Station in Rhode Island, to Starwood Energy Group Global.
- Representation of a global renewable energy asset manager in acquiring 70% ownership rights of a 280 MW and a 285 MW development-stage solar projects in Mohave County, Arizona.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. in its sale of its retail natural gas business in Ohio to Interstate Gas Supply, Inc., an independent retail natural gas and electric supplier.
- Advised on the drafting and negotiating myriad of transportation, installation, construction and supply contracts for the development of a 2,600 MW utility-scale offshore wind project located off the coast of Virginia.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief, University of Richmond Law Review2018
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityBAHistory
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Project Finance Law, 2024
- Author, U.S. Department of Commerce to Investigate Imports of Transformer Components, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 12, 2020