Scott Binkley is a vice president on McGuireWoods Consulting’s national multistate strategies team and focuses on the design and implementation of multistate and federal public affairs strategy.
Scott draws upon his experience working with Republican state and local elected officials across the country to offer clients unique insights on multistate issues and advocacy campaigns. Additionally, he leverages his network and experience on Capitol Hill to advise clients on federal public affairs matters.
Scott has managed multiple statewide campaigns for governor and fulfilled various roles on campaigns for U.S. Senate and Congress, through which he has gained significant experience navigating national media, advising candidates on strategy and message, building successful coalitions and grassroots networks, assembling record-breaking fundraising operations, and organizing multifaceted statewide media programs.
During the 2016 cycle, Scott served as the executive director of the Republican Lieutenant Governors Association (RLGA), vastly growing the organization in size and impact. While under Scott’s leadership, the RLGA achieved record numbers in fundraising and political spending. Scott maintains relationships with the many Republican governors that are former lieutenant governors as well as current lieutenant governors across the country.
In addition, Scott is an alumni of the Republican Governors Association’s (RGA) historic 2014 election cycle in which the RGA amassed record fundraising totals and wins across the country. Scott was a director of corporate membership while at the RGA and is uniquely experienced to navigate and utilize the organization to achieve clients’ strategic goals.
Prior to campaign politics, Scott worked in various capacities in the Capitol Hill office of then-House Policy Chairman, Tom Price. A graduate of Georgia College (B.A.), Scott is a native of Atlanta, Georgia.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Speaker, "Inside the Beltway – A Post-Election Update on Washington", Wealth Planning Scouting Report, Washington, D.C., November 10, 2022
- Panelist, 2020 Election Recap: Gubernatorial, Attorneys General and State Legislative Races, November 9, 2020
- Panelist, Election Insights Part III: Presidential, U.S. Senate and House Races, October 22, 2020
- Panelist, Election Insights: Gubernatorial, Attorneys General and State Legislative Races, October 1, 2020
- Panelist, Election Insights: Presidential, U.S. House and Senate Races, September 16, 2020
- Georgia CollegeBAPolitical Science2010
- Author, Update on Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, July 21, 2021
- Author, Telehealth: How the Pandemic Is Shaping the Future of Remote Healthcare, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 25, 2021