McKenzie’s practice focuses on advising public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
She has extensive experience representing clients across a broad range of industries including consumer packaged goods, retail, finance, insurance and manufacturing.
- Representation of 3D Systems Corp. (NYSE: DDD), a leader in additive manufacturing solutions, in its acquisition of Allevi, Inc., a developer of bioprinting solutions, comprising 3D bioprinters, biomaterials and specialized laboratory software.
- Represented corporate venture capital investors in investments ranging from start-up financing to late-stage senior preferred rounds.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisitions of organic and natural food companies.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisition and disposition transactions involving several industries, including, manufacturing, steel processing and consumer products.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in multiple acquisitions.
- Represented a REIT in private placement of preferred equity.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in multiple public debt issuances, including US dollar and Euro denominated bonds, totaling over $13.5 billion.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in its tender offer to acquire public debt and in its public debt issuance totaling over $3.2 billion.
- Represented a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly traded company in multiple lease portfolio transactions involving assets such as aircrafts and railroads.
- Represented developers, sponsors and investors in connection with a variety of transactions involving renewable energy projects, including solar and refined coal facilities qualifying for Section 45 tax credits for the production of electricity from renewable resources.
- Represents, on a pro bono basis, 501(c)(3) entities regarding corporate governance and other transactional matters.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2013
Wofford CollegeBABusiness Economics and Spanish
magna cum laude2010
Member, Virginia Bar Association
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2024
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2022, 2023
- Speaker, "Best Practices in Board Governance, Fiduciary Duties of Directors & Trends in Public Company Board Make-Up", Deloitte Board Ready Program, September 14, 2022