Ben focuses his practice on corporate and private equity-backed corporate transactions. He represents strategics, private equity funds, family offices and institutional co-investors, independent sponsors, public and privately held companies and executives in a wide variety of transactional matters, including platform and add-on acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, control, minority, growth and structured equity investments, divestitures, joint ventures, recapitalizations, commercial transactions, executive employment agreements and corporate governance matters.
His experience extends across multiple industries, including energy and infrastructure, technology, transportation. distribution and manufacturing and consumer products.
Ben received his law degree from University of Pittsburgh School of Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he graduated cum laude and Order of the Coif. He received his undergraduate degree in political science from Allegheny College, where he graduated cum laude.
“Precision, customer service and reliability create successful transactions.”
- Representation of an equity management group, through a portfolio company, in the acquisition of regional door manufacturer in Alabama.
- Representation of an equity group through the fund-raising and subscription process with co-investors in connection with the creation of an investment platform.
- Representation of strategic group in the acquisition of a Pennsylvania based screw and rivet manufacturing company.
- Representation of nascent US hotel brand on asset acquisitions of target properties in Florida, Texas and South Carolina with continued counseling post-acquisition with an emphasis on branding agreements, executive hiring agreements, capital improvement arrangements and day-to-day operations of hotels.
- Representation of publicly-traded energy corporation in: (i) the asset acquisition of North Carolina target specializing in renewable natural gas recovery from the anaerobic digestion of swine manure; and, (ii) the stock acquisition of an Indiana-based landfill gas production target.
- Representation of a Midwest freight rail line sourcing funds from UK-based infrastructure equity firm which required a complex corporate reorganization, refinancing of existing loans and joint venture agreement.
- Staffed company-wide refinancing and collateralization of freight rail line financing spanning secured assets in Iowa, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Delaware and several Canadian provinces.
- Assisted technology-based investment firm with refinancing of internal loans secured by intellectual property and complex satellite technology products held in both the US and Canada
- Staffed Asset Sale of closely-held Pittsburgh-based office services and products company from letter of intent stage through closing.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review2019
Allegheny CollegeBAPolitical Science
Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Allegheny Country Club, Butler, PA, 2021
Member, Butler Country Club, Butler, PA, 2018
Recipient, CALI Award, Lawyering: A History, Prof. Hibbits, 2019
Recipient, CALI Award, Pennsylvania Practice, Hon. Christine Ward, 2018
Teacher’s Assistant, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Prof. Gonzalez-Rose, 2018
Recipient, CALI Award, Criminal Law, Prof. Burkoff, 2016