Alan has a broad background in real estate law and business law.
He concentrates his practice in real estate transactions, and has worked extensively with commercial, healthcare, and industrial clients on a wide array of transactions covering the full cycle of commercial property, including land acquisition, construction and construction financing, leasing, permanent financing, and disposition. Alan’s substantial experience includes negotiating and completing real estate acquisitions and sales, commercial real estate development projects, commercial leasing, and the formation and negotiation of partnerships, joint ventures and other entities.
- Represented a publicly traded national company in the acquisition and construction of its corporate headquarters campus.
- Represented an office and hotel project owner in its lease negotiations with project anchor tenant, and in negotiations with the national hotel management company.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in obtaining and documenting construction and permanent financing for multi-state health care facilities transaction.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in the sale of a landmark Pittsburgh office building to a national REIT.
- Represented a large retail company in negotiating its retail leases throughout the southeast and mid-Atlantic regions.
- Represented an industrial warehouse developer in its lease negotiations with a publicly traded national tenant.
- Represented a privately held business in the acquisition and financing of a multi-state portfolio of commercial and industrial properties.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
Order of the Coif1986
magna cum laude1983
Board Member, Executive Committee; The Friendship Circle
Board Member, Executive Committee; Jeremiah’s Place
Board Member, Executive Committee; Pittsburgh Filmmakers/Pittsburgh Center for the Arts
Board Member; The Jewish Assistance Fund
Board Member, Executive Committee; Orange Arrow
Member, Real Property Section; Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Real Property Section, Business Law Section; Pennsylvania Bar Association
Member, Real Property Section, Business Law Section; American Bar Association
Past President; Tree of Life/Or L’Simcha Congregation
- Speaker, Real Estate Contract Implications Amid COVID-19 Concerns, April 6, 2020
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2006-2024
AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-author, "Ambulatory Surgical Center Lease Agreements", Lexis Practice Advisor, October 2017