Jeff Goldfarb is a trusted advisor to private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and lenders in connection with their most sophisticated financing transactions. Jeff has deep expertise in acquisition financing for private equity-led transactions and the financing needs of private equity portfolio companies, as well as in restructuring from the debtor and creditor perspectives. His experience includes a wide array of complex debt and preferred equity financing transactions, including leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, public company mergers and acquisitions, secured and unsecured corporate credit facilities, mezzanine financing, holding company preferred equity and debt, high-yield bond offerings, workouts and restructurings (both in and out of court).
Jeff works across a diverse array of industry sectors, including financial institutions, financial technology, software, manufacturing, healthcare, business services, insurance, energy and infrastructure.
- Negotiating and consummating dozens of middle-market private equity transactions for numerous sponsors and their portfolio companies, including unitranche transactions, first lien and second lien credit facilities, revolving credit facilities and other financing structures.*
- Advising software as a service businesses in connection with their recurring revenue financing transactions.*
- Structuring and successfully closing over $1 billion of debt (including first and second lien credit facilities) and preferred equity financing for the acquisition by a large private equity sponsor of a global fund administrator and over ten subsequent add-on transactions across 15 countries.*
- Representing a diversified global investment management firm in the committed financing of billions of dollars of acquisitions of investment franchises.*
- Counseling a group of hedge fund investors in the acquisition of a bridge manufacturer via strict foreclosure on its secured debt. *
- Structuring the solvent recapitalization and sale of a private equity-held pharmaceutical research company on behalf of a group of hedge fund investors.*
- Negotiating and closing a multi-billion acquisition financing for the merger of two national retail chains.*
- Representing a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with a $33.75 billion acquisition financing commitment.*
- Representing debtors and creditors in multiple bankruptcy cases.*
*Experience handled prior to joining McGuireWoods.
Columbia Law SchoolJD
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar2001
Selected for inclusion in “Leading Lawyers,” Banking & Finance, Chambers USA, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
IFLR Americas Awards, Restructuring Deal of the Year, 2012
Recipient, The M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards, 2011