Susan’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial and business litigation, with a focus on the consumer finance litigation, class actions, antitrust, and multidistrict litigation. Specifically, she handles a multitude of diverse claims by businesses and consumers against major financial institutions.
Susan has represented numerous clients in the consumer financial services industry. Her experience includes defending class action and individual claims related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Credit Repair Organizations Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, and various state consumer fraud and unfair business practices statutes. Susan also counsels clients on compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Susan also has represented clients in antitrust matters in federal courts. Her cases have involved tying arrangements, monopolization, attempted monopolization, and antitrust conspiracies.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Susan was a law clerk to the Honorable William J. Bauer of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court Adopts Narrow Autodialer Definition in 9-0 Defense Victory, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 2, 2021
- Author, DOJ, FTC Warn Against Employment Collusion That Harms COVID-19 Front-Line Workers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 15, 2020
- Author, 7th Circuit: FACTA Does Not Apply to E-Mail Order Confirmations, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 17, 2010
- Author, Supreme Court Issues Key Ruling on Mandatory Arbitration and Arbitrator Authority, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 8, 2010
- DePaul University College of LawJD2006
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBA
Member, Chicago Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
- Hon. William J. Bauer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, 2006-2007