Chrissy assists clients with intellectual property transactions across a range of industries including healthcare, software, hospitality, e-commerce and retail, entertainment, and nutrition and wellness. Chrissy’s counsel includes the procurement, assessment, registration, and management of trademark and copyright portfolios. She also assists clients in trademark and copyright enforcement matters, including representing clients before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
Chrissy also assists clients with data privacy and security matters. Her experience includes counseling clients in the aftermath of multijurisdictional data breaches, managing communications with impacted individuals, and organizing large-scale notifications to data subjects and regulators. Chrissy routinely conducts data privacy due diligence in the context of transactions, advising clients on remedying data privacy issues arising from business combinations.
Chrissy also counsels clients in regards to marketing, social media, and internet issues such as privacy policies, domain name disputes, e-commerce brand infringement, and copyright issues.
In addition, she assists clients develop internal protocols to protect and enforce their brand assets, including confidentiality agreements, trademark use guidelines, and intellectual property assignment agreements. Chrissy additionally drafts, reviews, and negotiates complex intellectual property agreements, including trademark, copyright, and software license agreements; and routinely works on the intellectual property aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisted an industry-leading manufacturer with data breach notifications following a crippling, multi-jurisdictional ransomware attack. (2021)
- Provided legal compliance analysis and coordination and drafting of all required notices following a data breach suffered by a retail client. (2021)
- Negotiated trademark coexistence agreement on favorable terms for a client adverse to an international wellness brand.
- Managed new mark clearance inquiries and trademark portfolio for national consumer goods retailer.
- Drafted and negotiated license agreement for healthcare technology company’s new software service.
- Represented auto-repair company in an intellectual property ownership dispute adverse to former business partner.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
University of Florida Levin College of LawJD
- University of FloridaBA2013
Member, International Trademark Association
Member, American Intellectual Property Association