Bo is a partner with McGuireWoods LLP, and also leads McGuireWoods Consulting LLC’s North Carolina government relations group. He has extensive experience in developing and implementing comprehensive government and public affairs strategies that include drafting, monitoring and lobbying legislation and regulatory rules.
Bo represents a diverse group of clients on a range of issues including energy, manufacturing, health insurance, education, gaming, health care, and tax. He has assisted numerous Fortune 500 companies in implementing wide-ranging public affairs campaigns. His practice focuses on assisting businesses and manufacturers navigate government regulation and drive policy that allows companies to fulfil their business and community objectives.
In addition to representing clients before state government, Bo is well versed in representing clients before the State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement and the Secretary of State on campaign finance and ethics compliance issues.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Representation of a national insurance company on North Carolina property insurance legislation including automobile insurance regulatory reform.
- Representation of a full service education solutions provider on school improvement and reform issues.
- Representation of an international retailer on North Carolina taxation issues.
- Representation of a global Energy Solutions company on building and energy efficiency policy.
- Representation of a global Energy Services company on energy production issues including hydraulic fracturing.
- Representation of a national alcohol wholesaler on North Carolina Alcohol Beverage Control laws and regulations.
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of LawJD2009
- North Carolina State UniversityBAPolitical Science2006
- North Carolina State UniversityBACommunications2005
Member, North Carolina Young Lobbyists Association
Member, North Carolina Professional Lobbyists Association
Member, North Carolina State Bar Assocation
Member, Wake County Bar Association
Board Member, Band Together NC, VIP Committee
- Author, State Environmental Enforcement Policies During COVID-19 and Response to EPA “Discretion” Policy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 2, 2020
- Author, EPA Indicates that It May Relax Enforcement Measures for Narrow Categories of Environmental Legal Obligations Occurring After March 13, 2020, if Pandemic Causes Inability to Comply, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 30, 2020
- Author, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Issues Initial Guidance on Essential Workers, Sectors, Subject to Inquiry, March 23, 2020
- Author, North Carolina Enacts Hydraulic Fracturing Law over Governor’s Veto, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 5, 2012
- Author, Proposed Changes to North Carolina CON Process – February 2012 Update, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 6, 2012
- Author, Commission to Study Expansion of Life Sciences Industry in North Carolina, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 26, 2010
- North Carolina
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Named to “40 Under 40,” Triangle Business Journal, 2022
Named to “North Carolina Rising Stars,” Government Relations, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2019, 2021