Etahjayne is a litigator who represents clients in complex civil litigation matters involving transportation and medical devices. Etahjayne focuses on product liability matters in state and federal court. She also has an active pro bono practice involving immigration and housing law matters.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Etahjayne was an intern for the Office of the Chief Staff Attorney of the Supreme Court of Virginia. While in law school, Etahjayne assisted residents of the Richmond area on family law matters including custody orders, protective orders, and no-fault divorces. Building on her work at the Supreme Court of Virginia and the University of Richmond, Etahjayne strives to provide clients with excellent representation on complex legal matters.
Etahjayne is a graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law, where she served as treasurer of the Black Law Students Association and a member of the Trial Advocacy Board. During law school, Etahjayne served as the alumni relations editor for the Journal of Law and Technology (JOLT), and earned a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Core Commercial Law Concepts.
“As lawyers, it is our duty to give back.”
University of Richmond School of LawJD
cum laude, Alumni Relations Editor, Journal of Law and Technology2018
- St. Mary’s College of MarylandBAPolitical Science2013
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2024
Named to “Top 40 Under 40: Virginia,” The National Black Lawyers, 2021, 2022
Named to “Pro Bono Service Honor Roll,” Virginia Access to Justice Commission, 2022
Named to “Virginia Rising Stars,” Criminal Defense: White Collar, Appellate, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012, 2013
Selected as a “2022 Pathfinder,” Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), McGuireWoods LLP
- Author, Beyond the Eight Corners: Determining Whether a Liability Insurer’s Duty to Defend Is Triggered, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 1, 2022
- Author, Increase in ‘Take-Home’ COVID-19 Litigation Creates Fear of ‘Never-Ending’ Liability for Employers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 13, 2022
- Contributing Author, “Chapter 11: HIPAA Compliance in Discovery", Infectious Disease Litigation: Science, Law & Procedure, February 2021
- Moderator, Discovery Planning: Establishing a Strong Case Foundation in HIPAA Compliance, May 5, 2021