Evelyn Kim serves as a strategic advisor to investors, lenders, private equity firms, infrastructure funds, independent power producers, sponsors and developers in all aspects of the development, financing, acquisition and sale of solar, wind, battery energy storage and biomass projects throughout the United States. She also has significant experience counseling clients on debt, tax equity and limited recourse project financings.
Evelyn has led projects in various stages of development from initial bid, through financial close and into commercial operation.
- Representation of Capital Dynamics in the acquisition and development of a 100 MW/400 MWhr battery energy storage project in California.
- Representation of SER Capital Partners in the acquisition and development of a portfolio of three battery energy storage projects in Texas.
- Representation of Capital Dynamics in the acquisition, development and tax equity financing of a 45 MW portfolio of eight solar projects in Nebraska, Oregon and Virginia.
- Representation of Capital Dynamics in the acquisition, development, as well as the construction, back-leverage and tax equity financing of a 26 MW portfolio of solar projects in California.
- Representation of MMA Energy Capital in the construction financing of a 50 MW portfolio or four solar projects in Oregon being developed by a sponsor/independent power producer.
- Representation of SunEdison in the sale of a 120 MW portfolio of five solar projects in Idaho.
- Representation of a private equity sponsor in the development of 150 MW and 100 MW utility-scale solar projects in California. This matter included the negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction contracts parent guaranties, construction management agreements lender consents, estoppels and other ancillary documents for each project.
- Representation of TerraForm Power in the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 operating solar projects in the US and Canada, totaling over 23 MWs and involving seven separate tax equity and debt financing arrangements.
- Representation of Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the acquisition and tax equity financing of three solar photovoltaic (PV) installations, totaling 30 MWs, in San Antonio, Texas. This matter included negotiating the acquisition and financing agreement and coordinating through construction and project documentation.
- Representation of Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the financing of 34 separate solar facilities in New Jersey, totaling more than 8 MWs, as part of a bond issues in conjunction with a lease finance program. This matter included negotiating the membership interest purchase agreement and coordinating through construction, project documentation and bond financing.
* Certain of the above matters were handled by Ms. Kim prior to joining McGuireWoods LLP.
University of Illinois College of LawJD
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Project Finance, 2022, 2023
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Legal 500 US
Named to “San Francisco, CA Rising Stars”, Energy & Natural Resources, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2009-2010, 2013-2016
- Author, Opening Soon — Application for Section 48C Advanced Energy Project Investment Tax Credit, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 9, 2023
- Author, Inflation Reduction Act Extends and Modifies Tax Credits for Solar Projects, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 6, 2023
- Author, Commerce Department Releases Preliminary Findings on Chinese Solar Manufacturers’ Alleged Circumvention, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 5, 2022
- Author, IRS Issues Prevailing Wage and Apprenticeship Guidance — Starts 60-Day Clock, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 30, 2022