Tom serves as a partner in the real estate and land use practice in the New York office of McGuireWoods.
Tom focuses his practice on real estate transactions, including representing commercial banks and investment banks in connection with their origination of commercial real estate loans intended for securitization or other sale on the secondary market. Tom’s practice is enhanced by his previous experience working within the CMBS group of a major financial institution.
- Represented a CMBS lender in connection with the origination of a mortgage loan secured by multiple hospitality properties, structured in part with municipal bond financing.
- Represented a CMBS lender in connection with the origination of a mortgage loan secured by multiple public storage facilities across several jurisdictions.
- Represented a CMBS lender in connection with the origination of a mortgage loan secured by the leasehold estate in a property owned by a local municipality.
- Loyola University Chicago School of LawJD2005
- Marquette UniversityBA2002
New York State Bar Association
Young Mortgage Bankers Association
- Author, FinCEN Alert Highlights Potential U.S. Real Estate Investments by Sanctioned Russian Elites, Consumer FinSights, January 30, 2023
- Author, NYC Lease Guarantors Gain Temporary Personal Liability Protections During COVID-19, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 28, 2020
- Author, Freddie Mac Announces COVID-19 Forbearance Terms, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 26, 2020
- New York
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Real Estate Finance, 2022