Kristen focuses her practice on products liability, environmental, and mass tort litigation. Kristen has successfully tried criminal cases in both state and federal courts, and offers valuable appellate experience from time spent clerking at the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Kristen clerked for the Honorable Donald W. Lemons, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia. While clerking, Kristen had the unique opportunity to assist with the judiciary’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kristen earned her Juris Doctor from Washington and Lee University School of Law. During law school, she served as a law clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia, where she tried more than 40 cases as lead trial counsel in magistrate’s court for offenses such as destruction of federal property, reckless driving, and delay of mail. At the same time, she worked for the Commonwealth’s Attorney in Buena Vista, Virginia, where she successfully served as lead trial counsel in the prosecution of more than 30 cases for offenses such as assault, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of scheduled substances.
Kristen received Washington and Lee’s Public Service and Professionalism Award upon graduation for her time spent volunteering as an advocate for the school’s honor system.
Washington and Lee University School of LawJD
Senior Articles Editor, German Law Journal2019
- The University of Texas at AustinBALinguistics; Ancient History and Classical Civilizations; and History2016
Recipient, Public Service and Professionalism Award, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Author, PHMSA Announces Proposed Rulemaking Affecting Natural Gas Distribution Systems, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 25, 2023
- Co-author, "Proposed PHMSA Rulemaking Affects Natural Gas Pipelines", IEL Energy Law Advisor: Volume 17, Issue 2, June 2023
- Co-author, Proposed PHMSA Rulemaking Affects Natural Gas Pipelines, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 31, 2023
- Co-author, "Virginia Supreme Court Confirms Utility Tariffs are Contracts, and Govern the Relationship Between Utilities and Customers", IEL The Energy Dispatch: Issue 20, May 2023
- Co-author, "Ninth Circuit Confirms Power of Utilities Commission to Limit Liability", IEL Oil & Gas E-Report: Issue 3, September 2022
- Co-author, "Texas Supreme Court Enforces Limitation on Liability in Natural Gas Utility Tariff", IEL Oil & Gas E-Report: Issue 2, June 2022
- Co-author, "Abstention Doctrines Have a Continued Role in Energy Litigation", IEL Oil & Gas E-Report, Issue 1, March 2022
- Author, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and Non-fungible Token Litigation Primer: A Tort Class Action, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 16, 2022
- Author, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and Non-fungible Token Litigation Primer: A Look at McKimmy v. OpenSea, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 28, 2022
- Author, 6th Circuit Rules Nonsensical Contract Clause Does Not Equate to Ambiguity, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 31, 2021