Steve concentrates his practice primarily on land use and development issues in Northern Virginia, helping clients navigate the land use entitlement process to obtain rezonings, special exceptions, special permits, variances, and comprehensive plan amendments.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Steve was a land use attorney for a boutique firm in Arlington, Virginia.
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
Editor, William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review2017
Eastern Michigan UniversityBSPolitical Science
magna cum laude2014
- Named to “Legal Elite,” Real Estate/Land Use, Virginia Business, 2023
- Author, Alexandria, Virginia, Releases Draft Language for Zoning for Housing Amendments, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 3, 2023
- Author, Virginia Supreme Court Invalidates Fairfax County, Virginia, Zoning Ordinance, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 24, 2023
- Co-author, Zoning and Segregation in Virginia: Part 2 – Expanding Housing Choices for the Future of Virginia, McGuireWoods Study Paper, May 23, 2022
- Author, Loudoun County Virginia Proposes Major Changes Data Center Development, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 16, 2022
- Author, Northern Virginia Prepares for Phase 1 of “Forward Virginia Plan”, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 29, 2020