Daniel concentrates his practice in labor and employment litigation, representing employers across a variety of industries in a broad array of employment matters. He counsels clients on compliance with state and federal regulatory schemes, advises with general employment issues, and defends employers in discrimination and harassment suits.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Daniel clerked for the Honorable David J. Novak of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. He graduated with honors from the University of Richmond School of Law, where he served as an articles and comments editor for the University of Richmond Law Review. Additionally, Daniel earned degrees from Fuller Theological Seminary and from the College of William & Mary.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Author, Federal Appeals Court Finds USERRA Requires Paid Military Leave, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 8, 2023
- Author, Federal Court Upholds Federal Contractor Minimum Wage Increase, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 17, 2023
- Author, Retroactive Justice: Toward Fundamental Fairness in Resentencing Crack Cocaine Offenders Under Section 404 of the First Step Act, 54 U. Rich. L. Rev., 2020
University of Richmond School of LawJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles and Comments Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2021
- Fuller Theological SeminaryMATheology2017
The College of William & MaryBBAMarketing
Member, John Marshall American Inn of Court